The Intake Coordinator is primarily responsible for on-line entry of authorizations from all First Choice lines of business, authorizing certain procedures and services as the department policy allows or forwarding authorization information to the clinical reviewer as appropriate. Other duties may include moving faxes, callbacks for inpatient admissions, monitoring the departmental voicemail line, UM Support, and addressing the Pending Report. We have both part-time and full-time positions.
- Log on to the Medical Management telephonic call center system daily (HUNT Group).
- Enters incoming requests on-line in Bridge for authorizations received telephonically, electronically, by fax, email or by mail in an accurate and timely manner, according to established guidelines, utilizing appropriate scripts.
- Verifies eligibility and benefit coverage for PPO and TPA lines of business, utilizing the Bridge, Diamond, and the First Choice Intranet.
- Responsible for monthly duties, such as inpatient callbacks, departmental voice mail, UM support, on-line preauthorization email requests, sorting and forwarding faxes and addressing the Pending Report on a monthly rotational basis and as back up.
- Maintains open communication and service relationships with internal and external customers, such as hospitals, physician offices, utilization and case management nurses, member services, claims, and provider relations.
- Informs supervisor or manager of issues or concerns and assists in determining a solution.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Two or three years managed health care experience and knowledge of health insurance benefits/coverage.
- Two or three years experience in data entry environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- ICD-9, CPT and medical terminology knowledge.
- Ability to organize, manage a controlled workflow and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills including telephone customer service.
- Proficiency in PC Applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Become a First Choice Health employee and enjoy our generous benefit package. We offer competitive benefits that are much beyond the traditional basics.Click here to learn more about our competitive benefit package.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information about our company may be found on our website www.fchn.com