Directs First Choice EAP Department, Account Management, Operations and Customer Service functions. The Director supports the Account Executive and Operations teams to deliver daily operations and high quality customer care. Provides leadership and strategic direction for profitable growth of the department and actively participates in resolution of complex clinical and business issues; represents the department to outside vendors, clients and internal staff. Supports quality management and accreditation activities.
- Oversees department operations and provides leadership to all staff.
- Responsible for the development of new EAP products and service delivery.
- Directs, supports and oversees the Account Executive and Operations teams.
- Works closely with internal and external customers to find solutions and provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provides personnel management including interviewing, hiring, counseling, progressive discipline and termination.
- Maintain staffing levels according to enrollment and designated departmental functions and productivity standards.
- Participates in Sales and Marketing meetings; reporting quality measures; participates in action planning.
- Ensure compliance of departmental standards.
- Coordinates and monitors reports for EAP clients.
- Facilitates new systems and functions within the department.
- Responsible for coordinating and working with internal IT service staff and Web development staff in solving Web and IT problems expressed by clients and in developing new advancements in Web based service delivery.
- Assists in Budget Development: ultimately responsible for meeting financial performance goals of daily operations, group retention, rate increases and related budget items.
- Travel required as necessary for business development or retention activities.
- Other assigned duties upon request.
- Masters Degree or equivalent business experience preferred.
- Minimum five years experience in an EAP or mental health care industry.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor/ Licensed Social Worker preferred, not required.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 2 years department or program management experience.
- Current Drivers License and personal car for use in conducting site visits and other activities.
- Strong written, verbal, physical assessment and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to express clear statements and thoughts in writing.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Become a First Choice Health employee and enjoy our generous benefit package. We offer competitive benefits that are much beyond the traditional basics.Click here to learn more about our competitive benefit package.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information about our company may be found on our website www.fchn.com